An excellent location!
Woosh! The sports world knows the Hochfirst ski jump. Every year, fans crowd around the ski jumpers at the World Cup competition. In the summer, the Hochfirst area attracts hikers to the region. And amidst the beautiful countryside of the Black Forest, that's where you'll find Neustadt. Even from afar, you can see the cathedral. Neustadt has a long tradition. And it's had a town charter since the 13th century. Its six districts go back to the Middle Ages. The most famous of these is the Tititsee district. The world meets up on its lakeside promenade. Will you join them?
Rudenberg Youth Hostel is high up on Fullberg mountain, on the eastern outskirts of Neustadt.
- Outdoor pool in Titisee-Neustadt
Cool down on hot days
- Badeparadies Schwarzwald
New water park with slides, wave pool, sauna and lot more in Titisee-Neustadt
- Mini Golf
Hiking - nothing but nature
- Forest walk with a forester
- Hike to the "natural forest pool" in Friedenweiler (about 1 hour)
- Hike to the local mountain of "Hochfirst" and a climb up the lookout tower (about 2 hours)
- Walk to Titisee (about 3 hours)
Lake Titisee, with its famous lakeside road, is one of the most world-famous destinations in Europe. Walk through the Wutachschlucht (ravine) (about 50 km - different stages and routes)
- Walk through the Ravennaschlucht (ravine) (about 3 hours)
- Walks on Feldberg mountain
This is where you'll find the largest nature reserve and the largest winter sports area in the Black Forest.
Lots to experience
- Action Forest in Titisee - high ropes course - (about 8 km)
- Monastery trip to St Margen and St Peter (about 25 km and 30 km)
- Schluchsee (lake) (about 26 km)
Visit the largest lake in the Black Forest
- Source of the Danube in Donaueschingen (approx. 30 km)
- Steinwasenpark (approx. 35 km) wildlife and leisure park
- Brigach and Breg rivers - see for yourself two of the sources of the Danube and check if even more "rivers" flow into it...
- Freiburg (minster and old part of town, planetarium, museums and theatres, Schlossberg hill, Schauinsland mountain) (35 km)
- Mundenhof Zoo, Freiburg (40 km)
This beautiful zoo is home to, among other animals, peacocks, gibbons and crab-eating macaques, brown bears, emus, ostriches, alpacas, yaks and llamas.
- Guided tour of the ski jump in Neustadt
- Europapark in Rust (70 km)
Enjoy a great day out at Germany's largest theme park.
- Vogtsbauernhöfe Gutach
400 years history and culture at first hand in this open-air farming museum.
- Clock Museum in Furtwangen
The 150-year collection of Black Forest clocks is the most complete of its kind in the world and provides a profound insight into the history, tradition and culture of the Black Forest.
- Triberg Waterfalls
With a height of 163 m, they are Germany's largest and most famous waterfalls.